1. Triangle: It is a polygon with three sides and three angles. The three angles always add 180º.
- Equilateral Triangle: Three equal sides and three equal angles, always 60º.
- Isosceles Triangle: Two equal sides and two equal angles.
- Scalene Triangle: No equal sides and no equal angles.
2. Quadrilateral. Quadrilateral just means “four sides”. Therefore, any four sided shape is a quadrilateral, but the sides have to be straight, and it has to be 2 dimensional.
- Square: Four equal sides. Four equal angles, always 90°.
- Rectangle: Opposite sides are parallel and of equal length. Four equal angles, always 90°.
- Rhombus: Four equal sides. Opposite angles are parallel.
- A pentagon is a 5-sided polygon.
- An hexagon is a 6-sided polygon.
- An heptagon is a 7-sided polygon.
- An octagon is a 8-sided polygon.
After reading the post and watching the video play the Geometric Game to test your knowledge on polygons.